Sunday, May 30, 2010

River Kayaking- My favorite means of transportation

I really do not have a whole lot to say on river kayaking, we really only river kayak when we go camping and it is a blast!
One of my favorite river Kayaking trips was when we went camping and we took a midnight run down the river. We had brought head lamps for light, but once we got to the water we realized the moonlight was more then enough for us and we just cruised in the silence of the night. It was something else!
I know people who enjoy searching out different places to kayak, and one in particular place is here in Texas.
A scout leader leads a group down the river in kayaks, fishing along the way. It is about a 3 hour ride and when they get to where they are going it is a secluded cave area where they pop a tent, light a fire and cook the fish they caught. Although I have never had the privilege of taking this trip, I can not wait until my son is old enough to enjoy something like that, so we can find our own yearly tradition.
Another popular kayak trip I have heard about is also here in Texas up in the Kirrville area, where there is a group that takes a weekend long kayaking trip down the river stopping at night to sleep under the stars getting up in the morning and starting all over again.
Those are pretty mild kayaking trips that I just refereed to, there are some much more exciting kayak river trips you can take down crazy rapids, also kayak
Fishing
But as for me and my kayak, we stick to the local rivers of southern Texas, enjoying the scenery and chilling out with friends. Remember if you are looking to do some casual kayaking, check out your local river for a smooth glassy ride.

0 comments:

Post a Comment